Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: how to PHYSICALLY disable computers from any networking

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:01:16 +1000

Or perhaps she has a USB key or similar that she always connects which is
the source of attack? I agree with Jon though, this is like something that
Dan Brown might write.
Or her phone line is tapped physically(is she using adsl?) and the dude
doing this is some kind of wiring freak.

Or she has multiple personalities and is stalking herself?
It's an awesome story though. I now imagine this woman sitting in her
apartment, jumping every time her cell phone rings or her laptop comes on by
itself in the middle of the night and says "I'm afraid I can't let you do
that Dave" when she pulls the power on it.
I just hope her fridge isn't connected to the net as well...there's no
knowing what he might do then. Don't get me started on the coffee machine...

If you want to physically disable the NIC's, just remove them-wireless and
wired. Then do a dban wipe and start again and use just a live distro as has
been suggested. And if it really is a stalking case as you say-call the cops
and see what they say. If what you say is true, then I would think that
would be a good idea. As would a tinfoil hat. And don't make fun of the guy
mowing the lawn.