Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Corporate policy question - Personal Laptops

From: "Sheldon Malm" <smalm () ncircle com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:07:08 -0700

This probably isn't helpful to your current situation, but this is one of the reasons why you should not allow the use
of personal laptops on your corporate network.

In this case, get your legal department (or lawyer if you outsource legal services) involved immediately so you don't
open yourself or your company to litigation from a possibly disgruntled former employee.

Wiping the hard drive without advice from a legal expert might mean that you're the next one walked out of the building.

Sheldon Malm
Director
Security Research and Development
nCircle VERT