Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to deal with unused registered public IP subnets

From: Johnny Wong <johnnywkm () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:53:53 +0800

Hello there,

Thanks for replying. It was very insightful. I still think this is a business decision because IP address space can be considered as "intellectual property" or assets too. For that point, business may want to keep it if doing so does not cause too much heartburn. I also think the security risk is remote. Like someone mentioned in an earlier post, investigators will know that the owners of a spoofed IP in an attack will be the last place to look.

Cheers,

JW