Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Port scan and scvhost overload

From: "Richard Golodner" <rgolodner () infratection com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:36:49 -0500

        A good idea would be to try and log in to your WAP, if you can not
then it will appear to me that someone has breached your network and you may
need to rebuild your wireless net. If this is the case, make sure you are
using some advanced encryption such as WAP2 with TKIP and very unique
passwords.
        I would also begin to think about reloading the O/S on that machine
as you say you have strange services running that you can not account for.
It is always better safe than sorry. Just my 2 cents backed by years of
experience in the industry.
 Good luck to you.

      most sincerely, Richard