Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: RE: Port scan and scvhost overload

From: reporting4booty () gmail com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:41:10 -0600

Prodigi,
I will check today when after school to see what the IP range is. Thank you for the command, I will defiantly make use
of it and then report back my analysis.

Murda Mcloud,
I am assuming that WAP is enabled because the network is "security enabled" but if seem blind by saying that, I am open
minded. I also assume that it is not patched because the owner does not regulate the secuirty of their computer. I will
check for updates/progs and av progs. I am not sure but as I said I have suspicion of it merely being siblings (in
which case I would be releived because the webcam would not have been cracked) and if that is the case we will pursue
physical access to their computers :-).

"having said that, dont you think your pushing this a lil far? "
-Robbie_b

Considering the facts that I have not taken any action, witnessed the Sysinternals' Process Explorer close before I
could gather much info, and the webcam on the laptop (It's always open) I don't really think that I am taking anything
to far. I would just like to know if my friend, who is a girl, is at risk of a peeping tom, you know?
If there is a coperate and it happens to be one of the siblings then privacy is null, lol. I do now consider false
positives...but there have never been this many scvhosts running on any vista that I have seen thus far. I could be
wrong saying vista machines don't run 9 scvhosts when idleing.

Salvador,
Were you refering to the link in your signature? If not I do not see any links.