Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Symbian S60/Mobile Security: Malware and Spyware attacks in the wild?

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:00:18 +0530

Murda,
<snip This may be anecdotal, but I don't know anyone who has ever had a
virus on a
symbian based (or any other) phone. Unlike people who use PC's.
PL] a colleague of mine had left his Bluetooth in able on his mobile phone.
At some point, he received a Bluetooth message from an infected device. He
unconsciously answered yes. Needless to say, his phone was infected. I am
not sure if a phone antivirus would have helped. With mobile phones, my own
belief is that as long as you are careful about what to install and insure
that you have connectivity options disabled unless you are using them, you
don't really need any other security application.

Pranav