Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Symbian S60/Mobile Security: Malware and Spyware attacks in the wild?

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:26:58 +1000

Here's good place to start:

http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/viruses.htm

I think that pirated software is a most risky proposition-as with anything
where the user initiates installation.

Personally, I think there is a greater risk of having your phone stolen and
your data compromised than anything else.

This may be anecdotal, but I don't know anyone who has ever had a virus on a
symbian based (or any other) phone. Unlike people who use PC's.