Security Basics mailing list archives

Hardware Firewall

From: h.carpentier () yahoo co uk
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:40:50 -0700

Hello all,

I am going to upgrade in the near future a network security course. The course is looking at network security from a
hardware point of view, using at the present time PIX firewalls and router IOS security features.
I am very familiar with the PIX, and am aware that they will be unsupported soon (2012?). They are replaced with ASAs.
Is there really many people using ASAs out there? The Cisco routers IOS seem to be able to fulfil most of the functions
anyway.
Do you know of other platform offering the same or similar functions?

Cheers

Hervé Carpentier