Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Software Inventory Tool

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 10:07:34 +0530

Hello zenmasterbob,

You can consider using WinAudit.

Description (from the website):

WinAudit is a free software program that audits Windows(R) based
personal computers. Just about every aspect of computer inventory is
examined. The report is displayed as a web page, which can be saved in
a number of standard formats. You can e-mail it to your technical
support or even post the audit to a  database for archiving. When used
in conjunction with its command line functionality, you can automate
inventory administration at the network level. WinAudit supports the
remote desktop and pre-installation environments.

More Information: http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit/contents.html

Download: http://www.psdu505.demon.co.uk/WinAudit.exe

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessment Team
NII Consulting
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Security Products: http://www.niiconsulting.com/products.html

On 7 May 2008 16:25:13 -0000, zenmasterbob123 () gmail com