Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Domain client machine disable admin access

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:09:14 +1000

I'd be interested to know what it is you don't want them to see. On second
thought, don't tell me-I could get into trouble.

Seriously though, if it is a privacy issue on your part, then I believe the
law(if you are in the UK) may be partly on your side and partly on your
company's side. If they own the machine(which I imagine is the case) then
they are allowed to scan your machine for whatever they like but need to be
careful that it is not arbitrarily done. Ie they want to read emails that
you're sending to your doctor or psych. Not that I'm suggesting you have
one.
Talking of privacy and anonymity, if your real name is Kelly Jones and some
of your admins belong to this list...