Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Domain client machine disable admin access

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:26:20 -0700

  When I was a domain admin, I found it useful to add a login
script to the default profile that would re-add Domain Admins
to the local admins group (if the login account had admin
rights) because I found users were doing this.

  Basically, your machine shouldn't be a member of the domain
unless it belongs to the enterprise -- whose agents the
domain admins are.  If you're doing stuff you need to hide from
them on a company machine, you should probably not work there
any more -- it will look better on your resume if you leave
first.

David Gillett