Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Pen tester

From: josh.betts () ioactive com
Date: 18 Mar 2008 18:05:58 -0000

For large networks I would recommend a qualys box, the false positive rate is very low and has a great out put of
findings, there isn't any form exploiting  in this VA device but there are other tools out there that will help you
out. The qualys also helps out with any PCI scanning you may have lined up if needed. Picking tools and devices that
will help you  in the long run other then wasting time on tools that really don't help you out what so ever. I would
try out all of the tools and devices there are out there and see what one really works for you. Compare each results of
each scan and see what one is doing the better work for you.