Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Ad hoc wireless authentication

From: "evb" <swiver () cox net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:12:12 -0700

What I want to do is create an ad hoc wireless network, but ONLY allow
trusted users to access it.   I guess I want something better than WEP, but
realizing I can't get as good as RADIUS since ad hoc doesn't currently have
a way to work with certificates (?).  Maybe the only option is WPA PSK, if I
can get it working.  Eric