Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint or other Solution required

From: Javier Reyna Padilla <jreyna () onlinet com mx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:32:55 -0500

You can check e-mail content using smtp-resources, but this is not a solution for inspecting a large volume of messages, your FW will be overloaded for sure.You can check email content usin an IPS such as ISS Proventía, snort_inline, tipping point, an antispam sucha as barracuda spam firewall or just directlly in your smtp server using postifx spamassessing... What type of content are you triyin to search? an specific with just some regex or SPAM?

Javier Reyna

Taiwo Adekoya wrote:
Does anyone have a clue on a checkpoint product that can act as an Security policy enforcer ? Assuming that I need to ensure that all incoming emails contain only certain contents, any bthother comntent would make the email be dropped. I have seen Posini. IS there any other out there ?
Cheers