Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Recommended training course?

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:38:30 -0700

A mailing list is the wrong place to ask for training vendor
recommendations. You will get spammed by security training vendors.
:-)

Having said that, most of the famous training courses (SANS,
Foundstone, whitehat security etc) are really good. And the advance
courses are not really that complicated. As long as you have a good
understanding of the web programming (any language) you are good.
Having a good strong understanding of web programing will really help
you, even if you don't know anything about these attack vectors.

Another option is to go to RSA, and find a web application
hacking/security track. That way you will get to see the
presentation/teaching styles of many training vendors. Then if you
find a vendor that suites your style, you can take more classes from
that vendor.

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/