Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: firewall and pack shape for 10G

From: Pedro Gonzalez <pgonzalez () dgtec net do>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:44:23 -0400

Hello,

This is a comercial solution from juniper Network, this firewll can handled, from 10 Gbps FW to 30 Gbps FW.

check this link: http://www.juniper.net/products_and_services/firewall_slash_ipsec_vpn/netscreen_5200_slash_netscreen_5400/index.html

thanks a lot.

u.bodalina () gmail com wrote:
Hi All,

Our current Gateway Firewall (Checkpoint) and packet shaper can handle 1Gbps. Soon our national bandwidth will be increased from 5Mbps to 10Gbps. What solutions are there interms of firewalling and pack shaping for 10G pipes?
Are there any commercial firewalls and packet shapers that can handle this traffic?

Or would we have to use a custom configured Linux box?

We were told to get rid of our gateway firewall and use BSD firewalls in front of the critical servers. Should we even
consider this option?

Thanks in advance.

__________ InformaciĆ³n de NOD32, revisiĆ³n 2767 (20080106) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com