Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Monitoring tool

From: "Timmothy Lester" <Timmothy.Lester () primeadvisors com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:19:02 -0800

This probably wasn't the best solution, but it was a quick idea that
popped into my head, because I thought he just wanted to view the all
sessions from users logged in on the same subnet.  You can use Ettercap
as a sniffer to see what sessions are active from what hosts on the.  I
can't remember off the top of my head how to do this from BASH, but from
the GUI, you can just scan for hosts; then add the ones you want to the
target from the host list, and view connections and organize the
information accordingly. And yes, you have a few MITM options too.

I revoke that suggestion...