Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re: Firewalls and PCI

From: Scott Williamson <swilliamson () choicepay com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:42:22 -0600

For our PCI acceptance we had 1 set of physical firewalls protecting our lan from the dmz and wan, but we also moved
our systems that were in Scope with PCI into multiple internal networks our auditor dubbed the castles.  We placed
physical firewalls between our lan and these internal Castle Zones.  It was more work up front, however since these
servers are separate from our lan we no longer have to worry about things like our Exchange Servers being subject to
PCI scrutiny.

Hope this helps