Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Analyzing Suspicious Attachment

From: "Petter Bruland" <pbruland () fcglv com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:41:42 -0800

We rely almost 100% on using ZIP files when emailing documents/images
etc, so I too would like to hear more about elimination of ZIP file. I
do welcome any other solution, as far as it's not too much work for our
lazy employees. :-)

But I have to give most of my users credit for not opening attachments
from unknown senders, or even unexpected attachments from known senders.
Every now and then I get a call about a suspicious attachment, which
they tell me I can find in their deleted items. At my last company
everyone opened everything, even when they were told not to.

Thanks everyone, for your contributions to all the various discussions
on this list! I really enjoy all the good information!

-Petter