Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN Group - Least Privaledges

From: <benoni.martin () accenture com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:47:38 +0100

Hi,

"full tcp-ip suite" for you meants "full access to anything once the
remote users are logged" ?

What do you mean by "drag and drop files between devices" ? You want to
allow remote users to copy files from machine A to a machine B, both
beeing inside your network ? This seems to be NetBIOS (several UDP/TCP
ports needed). FTP uses 2 ports (TCP 20 & TCP 21), not just one, but you
can copy files with scp/sftp/winscp using the default port 22 (can be
change on the ssh server ...) ...

More info would be great :)