Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: microsoft updates

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:45:27 +0200 (IST)

I suspect that the only reasonable way to install Windows that needs
to be connected to Internet is to make an install disk with all
updates (on another computer). My personal experience was that if you
install Windows and connect to Internet, your computer gets infected
*before* you have time to download anything (it was with Windows 2000,
I hope the situation has changed, but I would not bet on it).