Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: PI to do Forensics? WAS: Re: Two questions

From: smoulton () nicservices com
Date: 26 Feb 2008 20:29:44 -0000

Now I am on the list. There is a lot going around about this law again being raised everywhere. I think that it will
affect a large number of people everywhere that are not expecting it.  Pretty much anyone that does not have a
professional license and collects digital evidence anywhere may become a felony.  The big issue is that I believe that
the AG in SC has stated that if someone gets to evidence in SC and does not have a PI license that the will actively
pursue you even if you don't enter the state.  I am sure someone will correct me on that statement and what was
actually said, but either way you can see the significants of a problem of that sort in the digital world.

Scott A. Moulton / CCFS
Forensic Strategy Services, LLC
601b Industrial Court, Woodstock, Ga 30189
Phone: 770-926-5588 Fax: 770-926-7089
Web: www.ForensicStrategy.com