Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CEH Course - Your thoughts?

From: "Eric Starace" <gpz1100.rider () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:54:39 -0400

I have sent a few people through CEH and have been told by each it is
not worth the money.  Covers tools vice methodolgy.

I'm currently taking the BackTrack to the Max course from "Offensive
Security".  I'm only in the first day and so far it is great.  Have no
doubts that it will be far better than CEH and the Foundstone courses.

This is an advanced course but offensive-security also offers the
"Offensive Security 101" course both online and classroom based.  With
both courses they also offer 30 or 60 day access to a lab environment.
 The instructor shows you some great examples then expects you to
replicate the concepts learned without following a scripted lesson,
they want you to apply what was taught to different environments.

Although the price can be steep compared to some courses this one is
worth the money and time.  Try the online Offensive Security 101
first, the cost is fairly cheap at $700 that includes 60 days of lab
time.

Just my thoughts,

Eric