Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CEH Course - Your thoughts?

From: Danux <danuxx () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:25:01 -0500

I can talk about CEH in Mexico, it was really disappointed, beginning
with the teacher who just double click exe exploits without even know
the meaning.

I think the CEH material is good but it is a lot of information for
just 1 week, and the certification exam is related just to about 130
questions, i mean it is not hands on exam.

But if you want to hack in a live lab where the final certification
exam consist to fulfill 5 challenges .... real hack and want to learn
how to create a buffer overflow from scratch, so on, you should take a
look at offensive-security.com - Security 101 course.

But if you are newbie in security field, CEH is right for you.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM, J5