Security Basics mailing list archives

Code Analysis and Delphi - PCI 6.3.7

From: James Fryman <james () frymanet com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:27:14 -0500

Hello all,

I am looking for some assistance here with satisfying one of our PCI requirements for Code Analysis. We have an internal application that handles CC data written in Delphi. We are looking to retire this application within the few years, but do not want to invest in any automated tool and we have not done any code analysis on this code to date. Our current code analyzer (Fortify) does not handle the Delphi language, so I'm looking externally for a 3rd party firm to take look at this code to look for low-hanging fruit.

What I'm looking for is recommendations of 3rd parties that handle Delphi code review, and any experiences (positive or negative) that any one of you might have experienced.

Comments welcome! Thanks!

V/R
James Fryman