Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tips for CISM

From: "Rivest, Philippe" <Rivestp () metro ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:42:50 -0400

Hello,

I myself am studying for the june CISA exam, i have yet to receive the review manual so i'm saving some time.
I'm currently reading the Standards Booklet, that you can find here (no logon required):
http://www.isaca.org/Content/ContentGroups/Standards2/StandardsBooklet.pdf

Its 310 page of ISACA standards, Guidelines, Procedure and lots of reference to cobit (which i have not aimed at
reading for the moment).

I also registered to the local chapter study session, and with information i have read (only 80page out of the 310 for
now) i have understood a lot of the fine details and (most important) a big deal of the buisness mind set that i need
to get.

So for me,

1) Review manual 2008
2) The downloadable DB of 700 question & reference
3) Standards Booklet
4) Study group with local chapter
5) Lots of review of the 4 above
6) A bit of luck

I hope this helps, #6 can be ditched but is recommended ;)

Merci

Philippe Rivest, Certified Ethical Hacker

Analyste en sécurité de l'information

Métro Richelieu

450-662-3300x3115

►Avant d'imprimer, demandez-vous si c'est nécessaire!

►Before printing, ask yourself if you really need to!