Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: AD Child Domains

From: "Rob McShinsky (Verizon)" <Rob () mcshinsky com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:26:45 -0400

If password policies were the only reason they want to move to a separate
domain, Windows Server 2008 will have the ability to set different password
policies for subsets of users. As far as trusts, I would stick with a
transitive trust between the two domains.  If there would be any data
sharing between the 2 domains i.e. file shares, applications that use AD for
authentication etc..., this could get sticky with just a one way trust in
one or the other direction.

Rob McShinsky
http://www.virtuallyware.net