Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Authentication question & problem

From: Tremaine Lea <tremaine () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:30:32 -0600

It may be relatively straightforward, if approached differently.

Create a vpn tunnel between site B and site C. Allow users from site B to access the application on site C. Allow users to remote in to site B with credentials.

There should be no need for site C to be involved in your ldap credentials. The fact they are authenticated on a domain that site C has chosen to trust should be sufficient. If it's not sufficient, they should be providing their own authentication mechanism.

It's a bit difficult to provide specific suggestions without more information, but the above solution is definitely workable.

---
Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant
Intrepid ACL