Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anti-Phishing Strategies

From: Pedro Fortuny Ayuso <info () pfortuny net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:22:03 +0200

El 09/04/2008, a las 21:50, Timmothy Lester escribió:
We are doing all the "normal education stuff"

It is my personal opinion that NORMAL education is not enough.. Most of
the time this is just information that goes in one ear and out the
other.  Since it's a "customer" you are dealing with, I don't know how
you should be responsible, but in any case you need to TRAIN people
rather than educate them.  You almost have to scare people, by holding
them responsible for their ignorant actions.

I tend to agree. I guess (apart from restrictive filtering, only allowing
outbound access to certain web pages) the only way to prevent being
cheated is either by experience or by over-reaching security.

Is web **browsing** **really** necessary? Can your company live with just
accessing some banks and a couple of other well-known sites?

Pedro.