Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Threat vector of running a service using a domain account

From: jfvanmeter () comcast net
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:53:48 +0000

Sure, what I normally do is place my denies at the domain level.... so I would edit the group policy that is linked to
my domain. That way the service account is denied those user rights for my whole domain.

to find the deny settings expand computer configuration, windows setting, security settings, local policy, user right
assignments, scan down the list and you will see

Deny access to this computer from the network
Deny logon as a batch job
Deney logon locally
Deny logon through Terminal Services

normally I deny access to this computer from the network, deny logon on locally and deny logon through terminal
services.

Take Care and Have Fun --John

PS if you doing alot of work with gpo's you should check out http://www.gpoguy.com/

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>