Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Threat vector of running a service using a domain account

From: gjgowey () tmo blackberry net
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:40:03 +0000

You could do what SMS does to "bootstrap" a client: have a small client pull files from the server using the machine
account.  From there on your service can install its self and assign its self a regular domain account that doesn't
require admin access.  Building something like this could be done relatively simply using a program that generates
MSI's and then pushed to the systems using ad.

Geoff

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.