Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Permission Audit Tool - Windows

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:35:53 +0530

Hello Al Cooper,

Krymson has rightly mentioned about the three tools. Even I use
ScriptLogic's Enterprise Security Reporter for getting file system
permission settings, besides Windows Powershell.

However, there are some other tools too, which you could use. Some of them are:

1.  SomarSoft's DumpSec: This tool dumps the permissions (DACLs) and
audit settings (SACLs) for the file system, registry, printers and
shares in a concise, readable format. DumpSec also dumps user, group
and replication information. This tool was formerly called as DumACL.

2. Emco:                        EMCO Permissions Audits is a luminous
network permissions                        audit tool brought to you
by EMCO Software. It has been                        developed while
keeping in mind the permissions audit requirements
   of network administrators.
More Information:
http://www.emco.is/tutorials/permissionsaudit/features_of_permission_audit/index%20.html

3. System Tool's Hyena: It has a built-in feature called "Exporter
Pro", which could be used for the same.
More Information: http://www.systemtools.com/exporter/index.html

---
Nikhil Wagholikar