Security Basics mailing list archives

Auditing Router and Firewall - Checklist and Utils

From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:48:36 +0400

Hi All,

There is a need to undertake Auditing of Routers (Cisco) and Firewall (PIX 515)

I have read about Nipper in case of Auditing Router, but haven't come across any equivalent utility for Cisco PIX. How can I audit Firewall? Is there a defined checklist..tool etc?

Which is the best open source product you guys use for Router and Firewall logging? Something capable of generating management reports?

Pls advise!!