Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SSH connection attempts in logs.

From: "Nick Vaernhoej" <nick.vaernhoej () capitalcardservices com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:38:11 -0500

Good morning,

Thank you everyone. I am realizing that I didn't ask the right question.
I am not concerned about the connection. The log entry is from the
firewall where this isn't an allowed connection. We do not have any ssh
servers accessible from the outside.
I am curious about the connection closing on tcp/0 and I failed to say
that initiating the connection on tcp/22 was one of a number I could
have chosen. There are a lot of different port numbers being hit where
they close on tcp/0

Thanks

Nick Vaernhoej