Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability assesment or scanner Tools

From: <josephmurelli () cox net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:28 -0700

Soul,

There are several different types of scanners.  The few that I hadd worked with are Interent System Security (ISS),
Harris STAT, RETINA, NetRecon, and CyberCop.  NetRecon was good for Unix and Linux worstations while the others were
good for everything else.  Also, if you use Microsoft Baseline Analyst (MSBA) you will getsome good results on securing
your LAN.

Joe
---- soul <soul1273 () yahoo fr> wrote:
Dear All
we are looking for a vulnerability scanner tool for our environment (windows 2003 domaine, Windows XP, HP Unix, Linux,
Cisco router, Firewall, IPS). We have also applications like SAP, SWIFT, SUMMIT, Exchange email server,...
Could someone advice me on this issue.

Thank you