Security Basics mailing list archives

Laptop - Full Disk Encryption?

From: fac51 <fac51 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:04:30 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know of a good full disk encryption product.
It will be used for senior management so it must be easy to use and recover if the password is forgotten.

Assumptions are that laptop information security is strongest if data is not saved locally but an audit has revealed
otherwise.

Technical Controls (proposed)

1. BIOS password. (currently not enforced)
2. Full disk or partition encryption. (currently not enforced)

Is there anything else I should take into account?

I have read that encryption is useless if the password that is used is not strong is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help, greatly appreciated.

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html