Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web filter recommendations request: moderate price with good CGI/PHP proxy filtering

From: Liran Cohen <theog () rct co il>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:53:49 +0200

Well it really depends on what your needs are, if its to filter unwanted content such as gambling or sex sites then there are a couple but if your are security aware, your should invest the money, I use Finjan for web filtering it is commercial and provides proactive protection look here: http://www.finjan.com.

Andrew Stewart wrote:
Currently the company I work for currently uses DansGuardian <http://dansguardian.org/> for our web content filtering, but we are having a problem with people using CGI/PHP proxies (such as the ones below) to bypass it. Websense <http://www.websense.com> seems to be the gold standard in content filtering, but the price on it would really hit our budget hard. Does anyone here have something cheaper that I should take a look at?

Here are some of the CGI/PHP proxies we have discovered users utilizing to bypass our content filtering:
<http://56st.com>
<http://www.proxysf.com>
<http://blackip.info>

-aws