Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Email encryption with Blackberry

From: gjgowey () tmo blackberry net
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:49:00 +0000

I can't give any definitie answers about the rim s/mime product, but I can note a few things.  I have a thawte freemail
cert and my blackberry can import the cert without problem.  The steps are to get the cert from thawte on the desktop,
export it to file, and use the blackberry desktop to push the cert onto the blackberry.

Now I can't tell you anything further than that since I don't have the s/mime product, but I know that much works.  I'm
imagining though that the next few steps from there to make that cert work with s/mime probably aren't that many.

Geoff

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.