Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Full disk encryption from disk drive manufacturers?

From: mrsray <chris.ustinovich () cprtools net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

LOL ... really?  here we go again ... NONE of those places have them.  They
are listed there, but I ACTUALLY CHECKED with all of them with no luck.  I
am very familiar with google product search.

This is what I am saying, places APPEAR to have them until you contact them
and find out they don't.  That is why I need someone to reply that has
really found these somewhere, not just spotted them online and assume that
place has them.

Thanks, please try again.

Paul Ryland wrote:

Mrsray wrote:
Thanks for your advice Geoff ...

I guess I should have added in, my job info ... I am an IT
purchasing agent.
I buy IT items all day every day.  I have connections with
people that get me hard to find drives and sales reps that
work for me from places like dell and cdw.  I am not just joe
shmoe coming off the street asking for these drives.  I would
think if any of my connections could get them for me they
would since I know them well and do a lot of business with
them all the time.  That is what makes this really wierd for
me.  Especially when I read these posts in this forum, which
all made it sound so easy to find those drives.  So, long
story short, I have dealt with small independent shops that
have techdata accounts and still no luck.

IF ANYONE HAS BOUGHT an FDE.2, please let me know.­

Well, as always, the place to search is Google:

<http://www.google.com/products?q=FDE.2&btnG=Search+Products>

Paul