Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network event viewer

From: "Ackley, Alex" <aackley () epmgpc com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:29:54 -0400

We've had a system in place that does just this for a few years now.  We
use a product called LogCaster by Rippletech
(http://www.rippletech.com).  It's fairly inexpensive and does a lot
more than consolidate event logs.

It's a wonderful tool that is amazingly customizable.  It uses SQL
server as a database and reporting services for canned reports.  If you
know the SQL reporting services, it's a snap to create your own.

The company has a great support team.  They give yearly checkups to make
sure your install is working and that you don't have any questions or
problems.

It also can gather Syslog events.  It checks performance metrics, has
alerting, etc...

It's fairly inexpensive also.

Alex Ackley, CISSP
Systems Administrator