Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Old anti-virus program version with latest virus definition file

From: Jan Heisterkamp <janheisterkamp () web de>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:28:37 -0600

foragersec () yahoo co in schrieb:
Could anyone assist me with this?

I have Old anti-virus program version, but my virus definition file is the latest one.

I get the definitions updated daily. Now I wanted to know am I still at risk with the above scenario.

As I understand the latest virus definition file would surely protect me with the current risks. Would this be
sufficient with an older version of the anti-virus program running on my system?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards

foragersec

It would be nice to know which AV-solucion and engine is used.
Generally I would say you are at risk...

Jan

--
Grupo Ampersand S.A.
IT-Security Consultants & Auditors