Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IT Security project

From: Rico Secada <coolzone () it dk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:03:29 +0100

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:27:19 +0200
"Charis" <cycharis () yahoo gr> wrote:

I am a student who is doing his MSc in IT Security. I would be really
grateful if someone could pass me some ideas about the project that I
have to do. I am really thinking of it continuously but I can't think
of something! I have a good knowledge of networks and programming
(specially in java) and I am looking for something not so
theoretical, I prefer to implement something.

Unless you insist on doing something with Java, you could setup a web
server running Apache, and then run a project of SQL injections.

Website security is a warm and important subject.

You could use PHP.

I was thinking about a project on smart cards, implementation of
webserver on a javacard. This seems good for me, but I am looking for
any other ideas, which may deal with penetration testing,  or
anything else that I could use programming for it.
Waiting for your ideas!
Thanks in advance,
Charis Florides