Security Basics mailing list archives

Secure Software Development Checklist

From: mikef () everfast com
Date: 1 Nov 2007 18:39:02 -0000

Because I'm the resident security expert, I've been tasked with helping our developers ensure new applications meet
industry standard (particularly PCI) security requirements. I'm thinking about doing some sort of checklist that could
be used to verify the particular requirements are met during the development phase, but I'm not sure where to start.=20

Most of the secure coding information relates to web applications, however I need to develop rules for a variety of
applications ranging from web to DOS (yes that's Ms-DOS) to point of sale. Also could the checklist be used for a
variety programming languages.=