Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security tools boot disk

From: killy <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:19:28 -0400

"small" Linux boot???

Google for 'mini-Pentoo'
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03203

Mini-Pentoo will fit on a 256 mb usb thumbdrive.

Computers are fun. ;-)

On 5/2/07, Al Saenz <asaenz () found-tech com> wrote:
Dear List,

This is my first post.
I tried to look for a way to search the archives but I couldn't find a way.
I'm sorry.

Basically I want to create a "small" Linux boot disk that will contain some security tools (audit, packet analyzer,
etc).
I just don't know which Linux distribution to use and which tools that are offered for that distro. that I should use.
Basically does anyone have a site that shows how to make such a disk?

Thanks
Al

--
If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.