Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Forensic tool to recommend?

From: "ragdelaed" <ragdelaed () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:31:20 -0400

Do any other live cd's boot and run? Or have any previous versions of helix
worked? The latest is 1.8 on 10-06-06. Do you have an old copy laying about?

If it boots, it should be able to mount the ram drive as long as the target
machine is working properly. If it cant, it should identify the error in the
screen dump in some fashion, at least point to the halt point, yes?