Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness - Best Ways

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 23 May 2007 19:43:09 -0000

You might want to talk to HR and see how they manage to train people about things like sexual harassment, their
changing benefits/health plans, and so on. If you have other forms of corporate training like an online portal or
something, perhaps you can incorporate a quiz or video or even a full-blown course. (Keep in mind not only do most
people just delete newsletters, but that effect is really not measurable anyway.)

If none of this pans out, perhaps you can focus on the sensitive or critical groups first, maybe the ones most likely
to screw up. If you have a subset of laptop users, single them out for training.

<- snip ->
If I had to undertake awareness training for about 1200 employees of my
company and the maximum seating capacity in the largest of the halls is
that of 20, going by that it would take a year to complete them all. How
should I start? I can't conduct training everyday as I have other things to
do but conducting awareness trainings is also part of job profile.

I have about a dozen departments and each department is having an approx of
80-90 guys. I have created a website but would newsletters/links etc would
suffice.

Any other ideas to reach the broadest of spectrum?