Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: E mail snopping tool

From: "Geert VAN ACKER" <geert.vanacker () pandora be>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:18:44 +0000

Mailsnarf, part of the dsniff suite?

--
Geert VAN ACKER

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: Juan B [mailto:juanbabi () yahoo com]
Verzonden: zondag, mei 20, 2007 08:30 PM
Aan: security-basics () securityfocus com
Onderwerp: E mail snopping tool

Hi All,

I am reading the book IT Security: Risking the
Corporation by Linda Ann McCarthy. in the book she is
talking about reading mail of another user in the lan.
she is telling that by downloading a tool dedicated
for this porpose ( dedicated to reading else's mail)
she could in 30 seconds,see someone else mail.

I know that if this tool exist maybe it involves
around doing arp spoffing attack or something similar,
I know about dniff etc but I didnt know tools exist to
do just mail snopping.

Did someone knows about those tools?

Thanks a lot,

Juan

puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC