Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: how do i start working??

From: "Joel Jose" <joeljose420 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 14:44:59 +0530

but, i have heard that solaris is the OS of choice for most of the
companies..so would a linux cert be a waste of efffort??.. Recently i
cam accross a Bank Of America addvert which asked for 3 yr exp and
knowledge of specific proprietry devices like checkpoint firewall....

i am surely planning to get the ccna cert..., do i also need a
firewall and a OS cert??.. are there others i should aim for???.. I am
thinking about a "mature" job in a "mature" company (Like the Bank of
America) in 3 years down the line.  For these 3 years i plan to work
in a midlevel company called focuz inorder to get the required
experience...http://www.focuzinfotech.com/......

joel