Security Basics mailing list archives

re: This mailing list on a blog

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 15 May 2007 18:30:46 -0000

We could break it down some more. What could secFocus do to combat this and what can users do?

I'm not sure that anything SecFocus can do will really make a dent in these operations unless they close both the
archives and the mailing list signup. The necessary evils of the Internet. :(

For users, I hate to say it because it is like saying "leech on P2P networks" which kinda breaks down the whole spirit
of it, but you can post from something like Yahoo or Hotmail accounts with an assumed name so that you yourself are not
being exposed on various other splogs and sites and whatnot. Then again, I'd hate to see people resort to that in order
to be more dramatic and personally attacking. It's definitely a debatable line.