Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: This mailing list on a blog

From: David Nalley <davidn () keymarkinc com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:55:37 -0400

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 08:39:55 am Tara Kelly wrote:
Regardless, I think that password protecting the archives would at least
put a mini (ok, *very* mini) obstacle between the mailinglist and
automatic scraping/posting. But it would be better than nothing.

What makes you think they aren't subscribed to the list and scraping that way,
or that they couldn't work around it. I suppose my question is, whats the
point of password protecting the archives if you aren't also going to
password protect the list itself.
Moreover, it's all posted on Nabble as well, which gets indexed by Google,
which has a far higher percentage of non-security-minded individuals.
http://www.nabble.com/Security-Basics-f404.html

David Nalley